DISSTON’S HEAT TREATING CAPABILITY
Heat treating of metal products has been an integral part of Disston’s standard processing for more than a century and a half and includes hardening, tempering, stress relieving and heat flattening.
- Heat treatment of steel & other metals
- Atmostphere controlled furnaces
- Electric furnace termpering & stress relieving
- Die tempering, stress relieving, heat flattening furnaces
- Austenitizing furnace
- Quenching facility
These processes are accomplished in furnaces with modern controls to assure precise temperatures and heat treatment cycles to meet our customer’s physical and metallurgical requirements. We carry a large inventory of steel and can harden and temper your material or ours.
HEAT TREATING FURNACES
- ATMOSPHERE CONTROLLED FURNACE
- Lindberg Endothermic Atmosphere Hardening Furnace with a 48” x 24” x 24” chamber, temperature capability to 2000º F with integrated air or high speed mineral oil quenching chambers for hardening stainless and alloy steel.
- Lindberg Electric Furnace 28” Diameter x 48” deep x 1250º F
- 1 – 24” diameter x 38” deep x 1100º F
- 1 – 30” diameter x 48” deep x 1100º F
- 1 – Drevor Die Tempering Gas Furnace
- 24” x 37” Dies with temperature capability to 1100º F
- 2000 # max load
- 1 – Waltz Die Tempering Gas Furnace
- 74” x 100” Dies with temperature capability to 1100º F 10,000 # max load
- 1 – Custom Built Die Tempering Gas Furnace
- 85” x 85” dies with temperature capability to 1100º F
- 10,000 # max load
- 1 – R & S Gas Fired Austenitizing Furnace
- 168” x 84” with temperature capability to 1800º F
- 1 – Mineral Oil Quench Tank with high flow agitation, heating elements and compression grate to minimize distortion in thin sections.
- Size Capability:
- 80” diameter x 600 #
- 80” x 96” Rectangles x 600 #
Rockwell C hardness certifications provided upon request for any heat treated products. Complete physical and chemical certifications provided for a nominal charge.
Contact us to request a quote.